Friday, January 9, 2015

Memory Table

So, for my wedding (back two and a half months ago), I had wanted to do something to honor our families (and the lineage of love we both came from).

At another wedding I had done flowers for back in April, I saw a "memory table." Where she put photographs of family members who had passed on to honor them. So, I took this idea and tweaked it.

My Grandma and Grandpa (Maternal)

Ian's Paternal Grandparents

Ian's Maternal Grandparents

My parents

My Paternal Grandparents (Nanan and Papa)

Ian's Parents


My Aunt Sistie & Uncle Grady



So combining all of these old photographs (plus a recent one of Sistie and Grady's daughter (Claire's) wedding), I put together in frames (of various shapes and sizes but all white) a memory table. 
In 8 x 10 frames: Our parents
In 5 x 7 frame: A photo of us
In 4 x 6 frames: grandparents, aunt/uncle, and cousin

In addition to the frames I added flower petals, candles, and a metal bird cage / lantern (that held a candle) and matched my 5x7 frame (both from IKEA).




I loved the way mine turned out, and I loved that I got to share the lineage of our love with all of our guests. If you've been looking for a special way to honor your family at your wedding, maybe considering a memory table should be on your to do list.


Items:
Birdcage Lantern. Ikea. $18
Wire Picture frame. Ikea. $5
8 x 10 Frame. Michaels'. $10 / each (clearance)
4x6 frames. Dollar Tree. $1 / each
Yellow Frame. Michael's. $2 (clearance bin)
Branches. Big Lots. $18
Candles. Hobby Lobby. $10 (set of 6)
Petals. Sams' Club. 

Prints. Walmart. 
4x6: $0.09 / each
5x7: $0.59 / each
8x10: $2.84 / each

Doable. Affordable. Beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment