Friday, September 10, 2010

Into the Woods

























So, I really need to actually keep my blog for a change. Into the Woods opened tonight. It's been a hectic week of me doubting it would come together, but it did! I should have trusted Andy when he said it would, but I'll know better now! It's really rewarding to finally be back in a show. Yes, my part is rather small, but it's a part. It feels so wonderful to be back on stage.

I actually sat up on the ladder last night waiting on my lines for the giant and began to cry. I realized how much i'd missed the beauty of theatre. It's just a part of who I am and what I am. It's what I want to do with the rest of my life, and when I forget that, it's really hard to have a focus anymore. It's moments like last night when I watched Gretchen sing No One is Alone and silently cried when I remember why I do this.

I am so blessed to get to work with this cast. They are amazing professionals and theatre enthusiasts who all bring so much to the table. I've gotten to know so much about good performance through them. I am always amazed to learn from the experiences of others in theatre. I admire each of them more than i'll ever be able to express. I hope to work with them all in the future.

I also developed friends through this. Tina and Sue have been my lifeline. It's really hard to feel alone and ostracized so much of the time. Since moving here I haven't really found many solid connections, but I feel at home with them. I feel like I could ask anything of them and they'd gladly agree, and I would do the same in a heartbeat.

My parents and Nanan came to the opening tonight, and it wasn't a perfect show; but it was a very good show. They brought me flowers. It felt nice to finally feel like I accomplished something worth them being proud of for the first time in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment