Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cookie Bowls

So we've all seen the cutesy pins about using cookies for bowls by taking the cookie, wrapping it around the back of a cupcake tin and baking. Sounds so smart, right?

http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400797073030/


Perhaps it depends on the dough you're using, but I did this with homemade pastry dough DID NOT WORK. I was making little mini apple tarts, and I put some of the "bowls" inside the muffin tins and cupcake tins and some outside. The outside ones stuck MERCILESSLY. As in I had to soak the tins for TWO DAYS before they came off, and I greased the backs of the pans.

Now, i'm more than willing to give this another try with different dough, but if it does work with cookies, it DOES NOT work with pastry dough, heads up.


Well, that's all for now,
Marli

Don't forget to subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment