Thursday, October 4, 2012

Money Saving Machine!

Why have I NEVER shopped at ALDI? It's kind of like Save-a-lot in south GA (went there a lot, never been to an ALDI since I moved up here).



For $35 I got:

small marshmallows
raspberry fruit leather
a bag of onions
2 lbs of ground sirloin 90/10
3 large yellow squash
A monster container of rolled oats
A carton of soy milk
Sliced Turkey
Veggie Chips
A pint of greek yogurt
100% juice cranberry juice
Bag of potatoes
Baby Carrots
Dried Cranberries
2 cans of Spaghetti Os



And yes, everything is "off brand." And no, none of it tastes any different so far. It's all just as amazing. You just have to pay more attention in the produce isle, but other than that, exactly the same just cheaper!

This is kind of a typical grocery list. I mean things fluctuate, but this is pretty typical. And at Walmart it probably would have cost me...$75-$100. About the same range at Publix (a little more, but the produce would be fresher, and they'd have whatever produce I wanted. Walmart, like ALDI is hit and miss as far as produce).  People that's a $40-60 savings range on ONE TRIP.

Seriously, stop acting like Lays are the only people who make potato chips, and if you don't get General Mills cereal that your kids are eating something bad for them (news flash, if it's bad as the off brand probably the on brand is just as bad). If you're on a budget this place is a GODSEND. Seriously.

Oh but also, like Save-A-Lot, you need to bring your own bags. They offer boxes from their stock when available, but bring your own bags. Also, if you want a buggy, have a quarter. It costs 25 cents.




Speaking of quarters...had to get a roll of quarters...$10...to do all my laundry. Why is laundry so effing expensive?

I'm seriously considering handwashing everything I own in my tub and then putting it on my balcony to dry because seriously....$10 a week to have clean clothes and sheets and towels? Really? Well, not EVERY week. But still....What's so special about this?







No comments:

Post a Comment