Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Honey-Lime Shrimp & Spiced Cous Cous

Honey-Lime Shrimp & Spiced Cous Cous


The inspiration for the main portion of this dish came from the Recipes pin "Honey Lime Shrimp":
http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400797475739/





For this I used:
1 bag frozen peel and eat shrimp (medium)
2 limes (with juice and pulp plus a little zest)
3 tablespoons of honey
1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
garlic salt
cracked pepper

I put everything except the shrimp in a skillet on low to make a nice sauce cook down.
I peeled the shrimp while the sauce was cooking.
I then put the shrimp in the sauce and put a lid over it for 15 minutes
I removed it from the heat and serve it over the cous cous

Cous Cous:
1 cup cous cous
1 cup water
1.5 TBS Turmeric
1 Tsp Curry Powder
1 TBS garlic salt
Dash Seasoned Salt
2 TBS olive oil

I often throw other spices I find laying around in the cous cous too. It can handle them. I just throw it all in the rice cooker and it cooks in 5 minutes time.


Marlipaige Grade: B (the shrimp wasn't the best thing ever. But it was fine)
Ease of creation: Easy!
Overall Time: 20 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment