Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Infused Waters

Infused Waters.

These ideas come from two separate pins:

On my Exercise/In Shape Board:

Detox Water
http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400797584115/

And on the Recipees board:

Flavored Water
http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400798309636/



So I looked at these recipes and decided to do one straight:
Watermelon Rosemary
It's very refreshing. Simply line the bottom with cubes of watermelon (bought pre-cubed at publix) and springs of Rosemary, fill with ice, then with water, leave in fridge overnight and you have a super bright tasting water with hints of its components.


My second is based on a drink I had at PF Chang's. I always go there for my birthday dinner and I had a strawberry, cucumber, limeade. So between that, looking at these waters (and the detox water), I arrived at my

Sweet Tart Detox Water
It contains a handful of frozen strawberries, lime wedges, sprigs of mint, and slices of cucumber (about 3/4 of a large cucumber sliced). Then filled with ice then water and left overnight. You definitely get the sweet notes of the strawberry, the tart of the lime, the cooling of the cucumber and the herbal minty mint. It's really nice.

Both of these were so easy. Prep time was 5 minutes (after the shopping), and then you can drink them immediately, but if you let them sit overnight they taste better. This is a super awesome alternative to soda or sugary drinks. The natural sweetness of the fruit is presence in the water without adding calories!


Marlipaige grade: A
Ease of creation: Easy!
Total Time: 5 minutes (then however long you'd like to let them sit to soak up that flavor)

No comments:

Post a Comment