Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Squash and Onions

A summertime staple around the Doss household was always squash and onions. They used to come straight from the garden to the table, but being a city girl now I have to buy them from a store and cook them myself. However, they're still a favorite meal of mine.

Ingredients:
1 white onion chopped
2.5 squash sliced thinly
2 tbs olive oil
garlic salt


I put the olive oil and onions in a skillet and get it nice and hot. I sauté the onions on medium high until they begin to caramel. I reduce heat to medium and add in the sliced squash. I then put a lid overtop and let me them sweat. Occasionally take the spatula and stir them around so they don't stick and add in your garlic salt as you do. They're ready when the edges of the squash begin to brown.


Marlipaige grade: A
Ease of creation: Easy/Medium
Total Time: 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment