Monday, June 3, 2013

Fake-a-mole!

So normally if I were making guacamole where I'd go to the store and buy everything I needed it would include:
2-3 avocados
a jar of mild salsa (wouldn't use the whole jar, but you can't buy 1/4 jar)
lowfat sour cream
a lime
minced garlic
tube of cilantro paste
baked scoops

However, as I had two avocados in my fridge that I needed to use and was looking for a snack option I decided to take a stab at what i'm lovingly calling fake-a-mole.

2 Avocados peeled, sliced, and smashed with a potato smasher
1/2 cup of nonfat greek yogurt
1 lime (squeezed then pulp added to mix)
2 small onions (diced, sweated with garlic, and added to mixture)
1 tbsp minced garlic (which I cooked down with the onions)
a hearty sprinkle of seasoning salt
wheat thins


Without adding pre-made salsa it keeps that nice green color. The texture is amazing. The bite from the greek yogurt is exactly what the very mild avocados need. And guys, I've gotta be honest, this may be my new recipe for how I make guac. And I may never eat it with anything but wheat thins again.

This is SO much healthier than the way I normally make it. Everything is whole ingredients. Most of it is fresh. And it was SO easy. So, hooray for fake-a-mole!

1 comment: