Monday, June 10, 2013

Food!

A picnic wouldn't be a picnic without food. Here I breakdown the food costs, and the accompanying cutlery and such to eat the food with costs.



Basket of Veggie Chips: $8  for a box of 24 from Sams Club
(amount eaten: 3, that leave 19 left over)
So i'm only counting this as $1 spent


Cheesecake filled strawberries:
http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400799060827/

Kraft Ready-to-eat Cheesecake Filling: $3.50 at Walmart
Huge container of strawberries: $1.50

I then used the nifty and amazing strawberry corer (which I got for Christmas), and it pulled out the top and the core so they were easy to stuff. I tried to pipe it in pretty like in the pin...but it wasn't happening. The cheesecake was too thick and the bag broke.



I also left some of those strawberries unfilled for people who aren't a fan of cheesecake
Pepperoni $1 / bag
Wheat Thins: I just had these leftover and poured them on the plate. 

Veggie Tray: $7.50 from Walmart
Croissants: 1 box for $2 from Walmart
(sometimes you can get them cheaper at Aldi)
Pimento Cheese Spread: $1.50 for a tub

His and Hers cups: lips and mustache $1 each. Bargain bins at Target. 

Plates, Cutlery, Napkins, Lemons, Limes, and Shower Mints.
Cutlery from Target $1
Plates & Napkins: Dollar Tree $1 each
2 bags of mints: $1 each dollar tree
Lemons & Limes (I always have these on hand. I buy them by the bag)

And I lucked out because my bestie makes these awesomely beautiful stuff. So...these were essentially free.

Approximately: $25 spent on food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment