Monday, June 10, 2013

How to plan an amazing bridal shower a a fixed budget!

So this is probably going to be a multi-part post where I explain step by step all the things I did to plan my bestie's wedding shower on a VERY fixed budget!

Before I begin I will tell you I decided to do a "picnic" theme, and they have a thing for puzzles so puzzle pieces were incorporated as well. It was originally planned for outside, but because of rain, it had to be moved inside.

Picnic inspiration:
http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400799077789/

I will start by showing you how it all turned out:

5x7 Picture of the bride and groom framed by scapbook paper puzzle piece frame on giant clothes pin, Bridal Shower Bingo cards, Scrapbook paper for writing well-wishes, handmade bulletin board with pics of the bride and groom and their friends,  on gingham table cloth

Close up of the "write your well wishes" sign held up by oversized clip and His and Hers glasses "lips" and "mustache"

Up close of the picture with the frame I made

The other pic of with the frame and the glasses again

Food: basket of veggie chips, veggie tray, strawberries filled with cheesecake filling, plain strawberries, pepperoni, wheat thins

stuffed strawberries


Veggie tray & Pimento cheese sandwiches


Cute basket from goodwill for cutlery, margarita glasses with shower mints, cut up limes and lemons for drinks, ice bucket

Aliya (the bride) made the cupcakes because her family owns a bakery. The "groom" cupcakes were chocolate with cream cheese icing, the "bride" were mango with buttercream and a sugar heart for the bodice, the "bridesmaids" were strawberry with strawberry icing and pink sugar heart

Friends in attendance from left to right starting in the back (the two hugging) Jacqui, Caleb (bride's brother), Aliya (the bride), Me, (front row) Jill, Nadia, (dude in chair) Derek, (dog) Bailey

And this was my gift to her an upcycled picnic basket filled with goodies and a hanger that says "Mrs. Johnson" her new last name.


Now, You're all saying "wow, that didn't look like a very fixed budget," but would you be floored to find out everything cost me less than $150? Watch and learn. I will show you how I did all of it for a fraction of what you'd think I put into it. 


Just look at the individual posts for how I did everything step by step!


The breakdown of costs in approximations:
Invitations $25
Decorations $19
Food $25
Presents: $58

Grand Total:
$127

1 comment:

  1. Good to know about this information on how to plan an amazing bridal shower party and hope this will help me in arranging my cousin’s bridal shower party which is being arranged at one of best Los Angeles wedding venues. Hope to have great time there.

    ReplyDelete