Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Change Would do you Good

So in honor of fall I decided to change it up! I decided to become a radiant redhead!

I showed my bestie some choice colors I liked:

http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400797475637/

http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400797467289/

http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400796183649/

And we went off to Sally's.


Using 3/4 Wella Red-Red 810/7R & 1/4 Wella Red-Blonde 728/8RG plus developer we began the process. The Wella is better for your hair because it's demi-perm and DOESN'T BURN YOUR SCALP! YAY!

This was about half dry


Full dry and direct sunlight. Parts of my hair wanted to stay blonde REALLY bad. Perhaps the color that had been used on me the time before did not take kindly to the red. But that pic is deceiving. The red sort of set in after 24 hours.


And here's what it looked like day 2. Carrot top, much?
And yes, I know, i'm taking a picture of myself in the bathroom at work. It's pathetic. Whatever. 


Day 4 hair. I did my (now commonplace) double braid headband and got a lot of compliments on both the hair style and color. 

The reddest parts are (of course) still the "virgin hair" or that which had never been dyed. And yes, some of the blondest parts still have blonde showing through, but it's got a good bit of dimension because of that. It doesn't look so...flat. 


So people with highlights be not afraid to dye your hair one color! The highlights from before will bleed through and still make you look fabulous! 

And if you already have a good golden blonde and want a red red, there's the secret formula for it. All you need is the two colors I said, developer, a brush, a bowl, and some saran wrap to wrap your head up with as soon as it's all slopped on there. 


Do not be afraid to do for yourself what the salon charges 8x as much for. For $25 I got professional dye and two new bottles of nail polish to make candy corn nails. Get a brush, reuse it, and get a friend. If you want highlights then section out your hair and use tin foil (that's what they use). If you just want a dye but want it to really hold get dye from Sally's (mix colors if you want. I did!), put it in a bowl or an applicator bottle, and apply it all over then wrap up in syran wrap for 40 minutes.

You will be amazed what you can do for yourself. You don't need a cosmetology degree to look great, especially when you're on a budget. Sure, it's nice to get pampered, but if you don't have the money but still want to look great I PROMISE YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF.


Be beautiful even on a budget! And if you have questions, ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment