Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cute Enough to Eat

So, I was on pinterest tooling around and thought "I bet there's cute halloween nails out there"

I saw these, Candy Corn, and thought to myself "i'm so dumb. why didn't I think of that on my own?"

http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400797418024/


Now the real sugary sweet confection looks like this:


Because the orange is in the middle (and it's the darkest color) I painted half my nail yellow and half white. I let this dry then painted an orange stripe in between.






Clearly the orange stripe is too wide, but it was a first attempt. However, I did get several compliments and "Oh! Her nails look like candy corn!" comments.


Time taken: 15 minutes
Difficulty level: Low
Pro-tip: DO NOT USE SCOTCH TAPE. It will take the paint off. If you want perfect lines either buy the stuff designed for nails or use something flat and straight to make an edge. The whole "just use scrapbook scissors and scotch tape to make cute nails" BS. Doesn't work. It strips the pain.


Best of luck and Happy Halloween month! May you have a Boo-tiful October!

No comments:

Post a Comment