Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cleaning Out, Making Food

So in an effort to have to move as little food as possible I'm trying to use up everything I can in my fridge, freezer, and pantry. So I decided to tackle two of the pinterest recipes that I had pinned forever ago with that in mind:

First...
http://pinterest.com/marlipaige/recipees/
That's my board for all things food.

Next, the actual recipes:
http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400796337077/
Crock Pot Pizza Casserole


Gonna be honest, I cheated. I didn't want to wait for a crock pot so I cooked my pasta, cooked down the meat some (but not all the way through), mixed together with onions and tomato sauce (I'm not a pepper or pepperoni person), and then I put all of them in little baking dishes and put mozarella on top. Then I just popped them in the oven while my cake (next recipe) was baking).




http://pinterest.com/pin/141089400799398750/
Berry Bubbles Cake

I used about 2 cups of frozen berries, 1 cake mix, and 1 bottle of the blackberry flavored "sparkling ice" because it's what I had here in my house. 
350 for 30 minutes just like a normal cake. And it was still liquidy. So I left it another 30 minutes....and....it still wasn't cooked all the way through. But it was mostly cooked just a little gooey in the middle, and since it had nothing like eggs in it I didn't mind. I actually sort of liked the gooey center. I melted some ice cream in there and just made it super gooey. It was marvelous. Reminded me a lot of my Nanan's "dump cake" that had pears and blueberries growing up. I really loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment