Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Neverending T-Shirt Quilt

So I started this T-shirt quilt with such good intentions. I started pinning everything together when I realized....how the hell am I gonna sew this monstrosity?

So an fyi before you start yours that NOBODY tells you:
DO THEM IN ROWS!

Lay everything out on the floor that you want to use and arrange it accordingly then go in rows.
Let's say that these squares are all the different pieces of t-shirt that you've laid out exactly how you want. I know it's not even, neither is my blanket.

Next you need to make a general schematic of how you want your "rows" to be. Mine are still not 100% even, but they are in manageable rows!

Now only pin things together that are in the same "row". Then sew row by row.
When you're done you can then lay it back down, pin the sewed rows together, and sew again.

Nobody tells you to break that up when you're looking at doing one of these!
But if you don't you just end up with a lot of bulk to try and sew at one time and a plethora of straight pins sticking you in the thighs. It's not pretty. 

This is what it looks like thus far. It's still a work in progress. Only part of it is sewed. The other is just pinned:
It's gonna be freaking huge.




But yeah...rows...they're your friends. Take my word for it.


More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment