Tuesday, July 23, 2013

So freaking busy!

So between trying to find a job, moving, writing for myself as well as blogs over at Biscuette.com and still for Lyrics Undercover, I am FREAKING BUSY!

In between packing I've started frequenting goodwill for new stuff for baby girl Johnson, who (I am still tickled pink) is a girl. Had someone tell me this week I really needed to be using Ebates for all of my online buying. So, I signed up, and it seems pretty cool. Unfortunately, I can't buy my ebay goodies through it, but for normal shopping, it's great.

While doing my constant Goodwill trips I found a serious gem! An almost complete set of "My Book House" children's anthology.
These are the "white and rainbow" 1971 version. I'm missing book 3, actually, but otherwise, I have the whole set. $1.50 per book, so $16.50 for the set, and as best I can tell they're worth between $70 and $150. So...THAT WAS A GOOD BUY!


Also started on my Dragoncon costume (assuming I get to go. If not, It'll be halloween). 
http://pinterest.com/marlipaige/costumes-sewing/
That's my link to the costumes that I'm working on, want to work on, find adorable, etc. But I've decided upon Rapunzel from Tangled. I love doing kid-inspired things because I just love how little kids want to take pictures with you. So...I decided to go the disney route. 
Got a wig, 150 cms, and then some extra "extensions" to try and make the braid big enough. Have a pink daisy chain, and I've got ebay offers in on lots of blooms to do the hair. 
The coloring may be different on my dress. I already have a dark purple corset I'm going to use for the corseted part...so the top and bottom will probably be reversed color scheme wise. I've been working on a light purple bottom, dark purple corset, and I'm going to get gold or tan cording for the lacing of the corset. Then I'll just need to make the poofy sleeves, lace around the collar, sheer sleeves, and lace at the end. I will update as I get it put together. 
I waited almost too long to get started on it, but I think I can pull it together pretty effectively in the next month.


In addition to all of that I still have to finish packing, move Sunday, and find a real job.


I also (can't help it) have been starting planning toward Aliya's baby shower. 
http://pinterest.com/marlipaige/showers/

That has not only her bridal shower stuff, but also the stuff for the baby shower. Her theme for the nursery is "Flower Fairies" so...there's a lot of that in there. 




So that's my life at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment