Friday, July 5, 2013

T-Shirt Quilt

Everyone and their mother has seen the adorable t-shirt quilts that everyone is making out of old ill-fitting (or just scratchy) t-shirts that you saved forever! I finally got my butt in gear and started putting mine together.


I cut up 11 shirts and 2 custom bags that were broken thus far. I'm still looking for about 5 or 6 more shirts.

I liked the t-shirt quilts that sort of had a more hodge podge look to them. I wasn't as much a fan of all the perfectly cut squares. So mine is NOT perfect.

I decided I wanted to start with my center square as the bag that was monogrammed with my puppy on it. It says "Bailey" and has his sweet little stitched picture on it.

So from there I just started placing things around it. I put my AOII letter shirt to the right, I <3 above="" act="" and="" below="" competition="" dr="" it.="" it="" left="" my="" nickname="" one="" p="" shirt="" the="" to="" who="">
Then I just kind of made areas that were for certain subjects. Sorority stuff went one way, theatre stuff another, nerdy stuff another. Then I mixed in my two band tees in and the APO bag my big brother made for me (because it was very broken). Now, I've got two prom shirts, several letter shirts, and a few more theatre shirts that I'm aware of still need to be added. But it's looking good so far!



No comments:

Post a Comment