Thursday, July 4, 2013

Perfect Vintage Curls

So a few months back I bought a groupon / living social deal for a Proliss curling wand. I studied up on the different sizes trying to figure out which would give me the curls I was looking for. I would link you to the tutorial I read if only I could locate it again....

Ok, so I got the 19mm curling wand because it was the "type" of curls that I wanted. They go on sale on deal sites from time to time. Mine was $30 plus $5 shipping. It's a $250 curling wand. And for what it does it would be worth every penny.






To prove to you that my hair is only slightly wavy when I wash it and/or wake up in the am:
Me with washed & brushed hair. It's got some natural body and wave, but it's not curly by any means. Also, I have on not one bit of makeup. Aren't I beautiful? lol



Step 1: 
Put part of your hair up

Step 2: 
Take a small chunk of hair and as far up as you can without burning your scalp....close to your head.

Step 3: 
Take that hair and twirl it all the way around the wand up to the top. You can hold the end. It's hot but not burning. Be careful not to burn your fingers.

(they do give you a glove so you don't burn it, but I didn't use that...)

Step 4:
When you let go it will come out as a small ringlet curl.

Step 5:
Spray that sucker! I love my big sexy hairspray. But you can use whatever your fave brand is.

Step 6:
Do all of the hair in the section you have down.

Step 7:
Let down new section(s) until you curl all of the hair. And don't forget to spray!


Step 8:
Turn that head over and shake it out!
(That's my fave step. Mess that hair up you just spent a ton of time making pretty!)


Step 9:
Isn't that pretty?
(And isn't it magical? I changed shirts!)


Step 10: 
Put on some makeup, and you are now BEAUTIFUL!
(And again with the costume changes! I put on a dress!)


No comments:

Post a Comment